17 replies to this topic

#1 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

I am looking for small keyed padlocks, around 20mm bodies, but up to 30mm could be acceptable. This is for reviews and my personal lock picking goals. 

I prefer new locks which are commercially available. The locks do not need to be particularly good or recommended, just available. I plan on picking, bypassing, and potentially reviewing the lock. 

I've gotten a few already, such as the Master Lock 120 series, but if one knows of any locks which fit the requirements, I'd appreciate the information.

#2 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

How about this one http://www.alibaba.c...k_20mm.html?s=p

I do not know if they sell it in retail but normally they would if you contact them to buy a few.

#3 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

Thanks, I'll check the link.

#4 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

You can find good padlocks like that on ebay. You can choose from several buyers.

#5 sallyshooter

sallyshooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

I think the best bet is to buy the biggest possible padlock for your particular needs. The bigger the better unless it cant fit in a certain space.

#6 Coleson

Coleson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

The link in alibaba is for a combination lock. If you want some pad locks for sale that are close to your liking then you might want to try out Ace Hackware too. They sell bump keys for sure but I remember seeing some pad locks there too. Good luck.

#7 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:10 PM

About this small pad locks. How's bumping on smaller pad locks? is it the smaller the harder it is to be bumped? Am I right?

#8 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

The bump key that would be used for a small padlock is probably different from a regular bump key because it will have different mechanism and the size of course. however you can still bump it. or use a different method. :) :)

#9 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:21 PM

The bump key that would be used for a small padlock is probably different from a regular bump key because it will have different mechanism and the size of course. however you can still bump it. or use a different method. smile.pngsmile.png

i am thinking bout how tiny would the valleys and teeth of the bump key would be if the padlock is so little that it must be harder to bump them up. Filing a small key would be hard as well.

#10 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

i am thinking bout how tiny would the valleys and teeth of the bump key would be if the padlock is so little that it must be harder to bump them up. Filing a small key would be hard as well.

it must be a cute little bump key. I never seen something like that. maybe there's someone in this forum who can explain about it further.

#11 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:54 AM

it must be a cute little bump key. I never seen something like that. maybe there's someone in this forum who can explain about it further.

I have seen tiny locks having horizontal, parallel round pins, well i think making a bump key for such locks is relatively easy, a good drill can prove handy

#12 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:17 AM

Right so little that I wonder if bumping it would be possible or maybe actually very easy. I don't know :-) yeah I hope someone who had it tried will response. Im thinking of buying small padlocks. 

#13 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

oh I just saw a video for tiny pad lock being bumped. And it's actually easy.

#14 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

And that's a video of a home made bump key, too.  It's not like the person in the video bought a key and then modified it... they straight up crafted a 'key' out of a piece of metal. 

Not sure if I'd call that a 'bump key' or not simply because, well, it's not a key!  =)

• TanVanMan likes this

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#15 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

oh I just saw a video for tiny pad lock being bumped. And it's actually easy.

although I agree that it is not a key, that was really cool...It's like a combination of lock bumping and lock picking...

#16 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:32 AM

although I agree that it is not a key, that was really cool...It's like a combination of lock bumping and lock picking...

Exactly what I thought.. :-) bump picking lol

#17 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

Well i think the lock can't be reused after some attempts if  bumped by that thing, ohmy.png, quite a rough method i suppose,

#18 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:56 AM

Well i think the lock can't be reused after some attempts if  bumped by that thing, ohmy.png, quite a rough method i suppose,

Right.. If you intend to not using the lock again anymore then that will be fine. A waste though