11 replies to this topic

#1 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

I don't know if this was mentioned here before but it was it doesn't hurt to talk about it again for older and newer users!

What are the reasons you started to be interested in Bump Keys? Is it curiosity or something illegal like breaking in? Also is it illegal where you live?

• LAlocksport likes this

#2 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

I am learning this for the passion of it only, I was just reading an article about that and I thought Oh Well I want to know more so I found this informative forum .. and it's illegal where I live yes, or at least it's very risky.

• xcaliber likes this

#3 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Same here Redcity, my curiosity led me to learn more about it and be able to bump key successfully. It is also illegal here but that doesn't stop people, they just keep that a secret.

#4 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

For me it's just a hobby. I know that there are people with hidden agendas that are lurking through forums like these but I am not one of them for sure:)

#5 Locks+Picks_Happy

Locks+Picks_Happy

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

New to the forum, and I thought that this would be the perfect place for my first post!

I got into making bump keys because I enjoy lock picking.  It got to the point where I wanted to learn more, but still couldn't get too advanced, so I wanted to make a key.

I thought a bump key would be the perfect first key to hand make.  I had heard about them and seen people use them online, but I always way more into single pin picking.  Then I filed a blank to the greatest depth on the key to a practice lock of mine, and got hooked. 

It was a great experience I had some success (after some trial and error), and now I just want to learn more about them.

Edited by Locks+Picks_Happy, 31 July 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#6 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

I find it as a hobby. My friend recommended me this forum a few weeks ago and find it very useful.

#7 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:21 AM

First it looks cool but the really important part is that you will be able to learn how to unlock a door even without using the original key...As long as it will be use with a good purpose, all is well...

#8 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:38 PM

I've gotten curious about what's a bump key after somebody mentioned it to me. Then I started watching videos. I was amazed and it made me more curious and so I start reading/watching more. This forum has helped me answer a lot of my curiosity and now I want to make my own key as well. :-)

#9 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

I've gotten curious about what's a bump key after somebody mentioned it to me. Then I started watching videos. I was amazed and it made me more curious and so I start reading/watching more. This forum has helped me answer a lot of my curiosity and now I want to make my own key as well. :-)

Good for you, nice to see increasing interest  of people towards bumping but do remember, keep your bump keys with yourself only, don't ever offer it so someone else until you are sure about the person that he will not use it for any kind of unfair means, its really hard to stop someone from doing such things

#10 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:37 AM

I had the same thought about making my own bump key because of this forum...but there's another part o my brain that is saying that I should probably buy a bump key here first so that I will have a very good basis before I start making my own...

#11 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

I had the same thought about making my own bump key because of this forum...but there's another part o my brain that is saying that I should probably buy a bump key here first so that I will have a very good basis before I start making my own...

Good approach! this might work for other members also....

#12 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:29 AM

That would be a very nice idea. In fact it would be easier to learn how to make your own bump key if you have already a reliable copy that you can use as a basis for what you are doing.