Photo
- - - - -

Why are so many people of the world born on January 1st?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

I never got to know why :D On my facebook and on this forum, there are so many persons born on this day. There must be a reason, anyone got an idea?

Happy birthday everyone!

#2 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

The popular date for births should be 9 months from now :D I was born on December 31st and I have no idea why this day is so popular for birthdays.

#3 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hahaha

The popular date for births should be 9 months from now biggrin.png I was born on December 31st and I have no idea why this day is so popular for birthdays.

hahaha Happy belated birthday xcaliber :)) Hope you had a blast.

• xcaliber likes this

#4 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Thanks Redcity! 

#5 Katheleen

Katheleen

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

Well if you're only basing the assumption that lots of people are born on January 1st are from Facebook, then it's probably because most of the accounts being created are fake accounts and the fastest date of birth that they can give to all the fake accounts people create is January 1st. 

#6 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

I have a silly answer lol :-) It's probably because of the firecrackers making them jumpy and scared. It may have induced an early labor lol.. ;-)

#7 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:42 AM

Well if you're only basing the assumption that lots of people are born on January 1st are from Facebook, then it's probably because most of the accounts being created are fake accounts and the fastest date of birth that they can give to all the fake accounts people create is January 1st. 

That is actually an accurate assumption...almost all websites and software or whatever that requires registration have a default date of birth set in January 1...And for what i know, based on medical records, there are more babies being born on the month of November because 9 months before that is the valentines day...if you know what I mean... ;)

#8 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:44 AM

I have a silly answer lol :-) It's probably because of the firecrackers making them jumpy and scared. It may have induced an early labor lol.. ;-)

hahahaha...that is not impossible...it may sound ridiculous but who knows, maybe that's what happened to some pregnant women...

#9 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:57 AM

hahahahha, nice theory, just light up a firecracker and the baby is on his way :)

#10 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

The popular date for births should be 9 months from now biggrin.png I was born on December 31st and I have no idea why this day is so popular for birthdays.

Im thinking it may not be as popular as other birth dates but maybe the same number of babies born with other dates.. It's just that it is more "announced" or "broadcasted" than other birth dates because you know.. it's new year celebration as well.

#11 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:11 AM

Im thinking it may not be as popular as other birth dates but maybe the same number of babies born with other dates.. It's just that it is more "announced" or "broadcasted" than other birth dates because you know.. it's new year celebration as well.

Definitely right..there are babies being born everyday but they would only announce those birthdays happening on Christmas or new year...as if it made any difference to the world...