How to protect yourself from bump keys?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

That's an interesting point:  If there isn't any key then there isn't any chance the lock can be bumped.  So it stands to reason that you could protect yourself from lock bumping if there aren't any keys in use. 

It makes sense in my head but then again I've been working all day.  Who knows. lol

Hahahahaha, well that means that time lock can never defeat a determined bumper, if the bumper have been working all day on the lock then there will be definitely  a time in the day when the lock suddenly opens up itself and now a new bumping technique appears on the bumping guides of the world known as 'Wait till it opens" lol biggrin.png

#22 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

Hahahahaha, well that means that time lock can never defeat a determined bumper, if the bumper have been working all day on the lock then there will be definitely  a time in the day when the lock suddenly opens up itself and now a new bumping technique appears on the bumping guides of the world known as 'Wait till it opens" lol biggrin.png

lol.. thats funny! :-)

#23 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:56 AM

How about the time lock? Somehow I think that will help a lot specially if you're going out for a long time or vacation. I don't know yet how it works but I suddenly had an interest in knowing more about time locks. That may be one of the way we can protect ourselves from bumpers.

It would really give you more protection after all it is expensive...the price should be really worth it...but nowadays there will always be a trick on how to bypass it using  different method...if it is digital then a person who wants to bypass it will need better programming skills... ;)

#24 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:29 PM

It would really give you more protection after all it is expensive...the price should be really worth it...but nowadays there will always be a trick on how to bypass it using  different method...if it is digital then a person who wants to bypass it will need better programming skills... wink.png

yeah.. it seems there's no impossible now with the technology. You need to hire a security guard then lol.. should not leave the the house with no one in there :-)

#25 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:50 AM

yeah.. it seems there's no impossible now with the technology. You need to hire a security guard then lol.. should not leave the the house with no one in there :-)

We are living in a strange world dude, all we should do is to pray for the safety of our locks because as far as i am seeing we are heading towards locks that requires finger prints to get it unlock

#26 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:12 AM

We are living in a strange world dude, all we should do is to pray for the safety of our locks because as far as i am seeing we are heading towards locks that requires finger prints to get it unlock

Speaking of finger prints, I was watching "The Ant man" last night. He was able to open a finger print security lock.I wonder how possible is that in real life. :-) He just used a tape to get a fingerprint of the owners house to open a safe that requires fingerprint.  

#27 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:29 AM

Speaking of finger prints, I was watching "The Ant man" last night. He was able to open a finger print security lock.I wonder how possible is that in real life. :-) He just used a tape to get a fingerprint of the owners house to open a safe that requires fingerprint.  

Well, beware of those tapes, thats all i can say, i told you we are living in a strange world, full of surprises

#28 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:06 AM

We need to be careful then where we leave our fingerprints :-)

#29 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:03 AM

We need to be careful then where we leave our fingerprints :-)

And most importantly, who is taking those finger prints , i hope we will be able to sense these threats in the era of finger prints locks

#30 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

abs-lock-features.png

Look what have i found?, looks exciting

#31 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:43 AM

abs-lock-features.png

Look what have i found?, looks exciting

Gold mine! Mind sharing where did you find such great stuff? Been looking for that all my life! Learning lock picking is way more easy with pictures.

#32 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

Gold mine! Mind sharing where did you find such great stuff? Been looking for that all my life! Learning lock picking is way more easy with pictures.

just looking for the latest bump proof technology and i came across tha pic, it thoroughly explains it all

#33 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:16 AM

And most importantly, who is taking those finger prints , i hope we will be able to sense these threats in the era of finger prints locks

I've seen cellphone fingerprint code to open a phone but is there really such a fingerprint lock for a door or a safe? :-) Been watching lot of action movies..lol sorry

#34 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:54 AM

I've seen cellphone fingerprint code to open a phone but is there really such a fingerprint lock for a door or a safe? :-) Been watching lot of action movies..lol sorry

Actually, the same is the case with me, finger print locks should have been there but they are so rare that we haven't come across any of them, but have a view of this amusing technology 

https://encrypted-tb...8f4FX-lvQsYxyow