#22 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:52 AM

It is so nice to know that even the customer service rep. can answer questions in this forum. Customers don't need to call them anymore. Most customer service would also require you to pay before the service.

#23 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:57 AM

It is so nice to know that even the customer service rep. can answer questions in this forum. Customers don't need to call them anymore. Most customer service would also require you to pay before the service.

Its an edge this forum has over some others

#24 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

Its an edge this forum has over some others

I actually learned more tips here than reading blogs about everything lock related.

#25 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:34 AM

Please be informed that reviews on eBay now are being sold to make the seller look more trusted. I suggest to get a recommendation from a friend if they have past order with the said seller. 

Right.. sad truth. And actually not just on eBay but most of the online products being sold. They pay for a good reviews and number of likes :-( Mostly but not all. There are still real and honest reviews out there. I do that as well. I mean when I like a certain product or shop I will take my time to leave a nice review. But most of the time I do reviews for those products or services that's NOT worth buying or using for me to somehow help consumers not to commit the same mistake that I had.

• TanVanMan likes this

#26 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:38 AM

There is actually a good chance that you'll get an immediate help from an active forum like this than contacting your seller from eBay IMHO. 

#27 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

There is actually a good chance that you'll get an immediate help from an active forum like this than contacting your seller from eBay IMHO. 

contacting your seller will also take more time...but if it will be an active forum plus the customer support representatives joining in the forum, then it would really give you faster services... 

• TanVanMan likes this

#28 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:32 AM

I actually learned more tips here than reading blogs about everything lock related.

It's because, this forum allows us to ask questions to each other and have a debate on various topics related to bump keys and its algorithm, so exploring is this forst step of learning 

#29 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:27 AM

It's because, this forum allows us to ask questions to each other and have a debate on various topics related to bump keys and its algorithm, so exploring is this forst step of learning 

Right and you can directly ask your specific concern about bump keys and lock picking

#30 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:56 AM

Right and you can directly ask your specific concern about bump keys and lock picking

Exactly, :)

#31 kazankoph

kazankoph

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

Will depth keys work as bump keys? I see sets of depth keys available for purchase on eBay, and Sellers selling key blanks that are willing to cut to code/depth.

Also I see that the Kwikset key KW1 has 7 key depths. but from all the photos I've seen, it looks like the 7 depth doesn't have any peaks on it. Can anyone confirm this?