5 replies to this topic

#1 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

I've heard that some locks can't be opened using bump keys. Do you know which exactly locks can't be opened using bump keys? Does that make them more safe?

#2 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

I would say that the biggest part of locks can be opened using bump keys except for the very expensive ones made for special buildings they would have deadbolts and trap pins. Search for non-bumpable locks if you are willing to buy one and yes they are certainly safer.

• LAlocksport and TanVanMan like this

#3 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

I thought so. Almost every regular door can be opened with a bump key. It is only the expensive ones that have additional mechanisms that prevent bump keys to unlock them.

#4 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:02 AM

As long as doesn't have a key hole, I think it can not be bumped...and of course those locks that are really expensive have a bigger possibility that it can not be bumped...It would require a different method...

#5 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:01 PM

I thought so. Almost every regular door can be opened with a bump key. It is only the expensive ones that have additional mechanisms that prevent bump keys to unlock them.

Yes, you got it

#6 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:37 AM

As long as doesn't have a key hole, I think it can not be bumped...and of course those locks that are really expensive have a bigger possibility that it can not be bumped...It would require a different method...

Right I agree. The number coded locks has no hole but it can be open by a different method and so its still not safe. I don't know how time lock works or if there's other method to open it, but its the one in my mind that may be (just maybe) safer than locks that can be opened by bump keys