22 replies to this topic

#1 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

I keep reading that bump keys are illegal here and legal there...do you know a list where I can find where I can use bump keys and where they are forbidden?

#2 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

It depends on where you live, in the US there are some states where it's perfectly legal and some other states require a certification and in the rest of the states it's illegal and considered prima facie. You can check this link to know which states if you are in the US of course:

http://lockwiki.com/...hp/Legal_issues

#3 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

In France, it's strictly illegal. So, it eventually depends on the place you live. And whether or not, it's better to be very discrete while working with bump keys because you never know what can happen. I read real bad stories in this forum.

#4 sallyshooter

sallyshooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Obviously this forum promotes the use of bumpkeys for good use and not criminal use. Anything can be used for illegal purposes in the wrong hands.

• LAlocksport likes this

#5 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

Thanks for the answers guys. I am pretty sure that we share our exprience here only for legal activities. People can abuse any type of tool for illegal activities and bump keys are no different than any other tool.

#6 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:23 AM

Obviously this forum promotes the use of bumpkeys for good use and not criminal use. Anything can be used for illegal purposes in the wrong hands.

Very well said...clap clap...

#7 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

As long as you are bumping your own stuff, everything is fine biggrin.png

#8 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

I keep reading that bump keys are illegal here and legal there...do you know a list where I can find where I can use bump keys and where they are forbidden?

Hmm that made me wonder if it's legal here.  I'll be following this post for more info. Thanks

#9 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:04 AM

Just saw this thread here. This might help people asking about legal issues on bump keys.

http://www.bumpkeyfo...-your-key-ring/

#10 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:08 AM

ahahaaha!!!!now that's something everyone who knows how to use a bump key should always put in mind...unless other people would tell you so to bump their locks...

#11 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

ahahaaha!!!!now that's something everyone who knows how to use a bump key should always put in mind...unless other people would tell you so to bump their locks...

hahahha, yes, unless someone needs your help desperately and you are bumping their locks with their consent having a mild smile on your face...... 

#12 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:45 AM

hahahha, yes, unless someone needs your help desperately and you are bumping their locks with their consent having a mild smile on your face...... 

the mild smile...what's up with that???hahaha!!! anyways as long as you know that the person asking you to bump the lock is really the owner and he is present on the scene then I guess there would be no problem...

#13 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:19 AM

just use your bump key responsibly and don't commit a crime using a bump key. or just don't do anything illegal. if your state prohibits possessing bump key then don't let anyone know you have one. ;)

#14 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:37 AM

the mild smile...what's up with that???hahaha!!! anyways as long as you know that the person asking you to bump the lock is really the owner and he is present on the scene then I guess there would be no problem...

Yes, you are right there wouldn't be any if they don't often see you around , once you bumped their lock wink.png

#15 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:02 AM

Yes, you are right there wouldn't be any if they don't often see you around , once you bumped their lock wink.png

hahaha. you can also use the bump key if you want to surprise your friends. example, a surprise birthday celebration. just don't forget to bring other friends so that if you will get apprehended, you are not alone. ;)

#16 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:26 AM

This link should help as well. It's about possession of burglary tool from California Penal Code

http://www.shouselaw...lary-tools.html

#17 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:05 PM

hahaha. you can also use the bump key if you want to surprise your friends. example, a surprise birthday celebration. just don't forget to bring other friends so that if you will get apprehended, you are not alone. wink.png

Hahahahah never tried that before :)

#18 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

This link should help as well. It's about possession of burglary tool from California Penal Code

http://www.shouselaw...lary-tools.html

I always carry a screw driver in my car, so am i violating penal code?, i don't think so , its awful

#19 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:05 AM

I always carry a screw driver in my car, so am i violating penal code?, i don't think so , its awful

Not really. Who doesn't have screw driver in the car anyway. :-) 

It says that you can defend yourself by proving the following

Defenses

If you can prove

1. you didn't intend to use the tools to commit a crime,
  2. the tools weren't the type prohibited by Penal Code 466 PC, and/or
  3. the police discovered the tools during an illegal search / seizure

you should be acquitted of this offense.

#20 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

This type of information should be spread out. Thank you for sharing the link.