• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Reinar

Reinar

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

Hi guys! I was just wondering if you are getting the same success rate when using bump keys on vehicles. I've had a few success so far on bumping locks on door knobs and such but not to any vehicles yet. I've tried it on my car and the same technique I've been using on my door locks doesn't seem to work. Care to share anything about this?

#2 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

Bump keys do not normally work for cars but you can have success by using a slim jim :) Check google for this method, you will find extraordinary results from using this method.

#3 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

New cars probably have better locks and using a bump key to open them seems like a mission impossible to me. Maybe someone has a different experience?

#4 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

New cars probably have better locks and using a bump key to open them seems like a mission impossible to me. Maybe someone has a different experience?

Yes exactly, car locks are nothing like home locks ... Even trying to bump an old car's lock is already hard. Most people who need to unlock a car would just break the glass and that becomes harder and harder with time.

#5 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

So what are some other techniques that don't envolve using force to open a car lock?

#6 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:15 AM

I once paid $12 because I accidentally forgot my key in my dad's car locked. stupid moves i know lol but this is that guy did it:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Slim-Jim

#7 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

I once paid $12 because I accidentally forgot my key in my dad's car locked. stupid moves i know lol but this is that guy did it:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Slim-Jim

It happens with almost everyone of us smile.png , well its good to know after paying 12$ you decided to learn about using slim Jim 

#8 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:03 AM

It happens with almost everyone of us smile.png , well its good to know after paying 12$ you decided to learn about using slim Jim 

I think I might charged way more than $12 if the if wasnt for a friend. anyways good days tho! 

#9 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:11 PM

I think I might charged way more than $12 if the if wasnt for a friend. anyways good days tho! 

hahahahah, good for you 

#10 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:11 AM

The slim jim is the one that carnappers are actually using...lol

#11 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:17 AM

So what are some other techniques that don't envolve using force to open a car lock?

but if there will be an opening space in the door where you can insert a string then you can use the string to pull the lock...just like what they did here...

#12 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

but if there will be an opening space in the door where you can insert a string then you can use the string to pull the lock...just like what they did here...

Old method, but not works in all cars, so be careful 

#13 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

Nice video, helpful one.

#14 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

Ford Tibbie Pick and Decoder tool can be used to make bump key for car.

Attached File  ford.jpg   44.54KB   0 downloads

#15 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

The slim jim is the one that carnappers are actually using...lol

Right and so carrying slim jim with you would make you look like you're up with something lol.  And what happens when you forgot your key inside the car and the slim jim is inside the car too. You can't just bring along the slim jim with you. :-) So I think it is better to have an extra key and put it in something you always carry with you like your wallet.

#16 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:51 PM

LOL at this. Didn't realize you can also use strings biggrin.png

#17 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

LOL at this. Didn't realize you can also use strings biggrin.png

Pretty cool huh...although it also gives me a little scare because if there is a method like that then it would be really terrible if that will be the technique that the criminals will use in your own car...

#18 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

Old method, but not works in all cars, so be careful 

as long as its your own car.. No worries :-)

#19 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:48 AM

as long as its your own car.. No worries :-)

Hahahahahha, bump whatever you can but of your own :)

#20 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:01 AM

I think the string method in the video will not work on new cars these days because they have tighter door in which you can not even insert a string unlike previous cars.