3 replies to this topic

#1 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

The new doors have very modern locks so I was wondering if older bump keys would still open a modern lock?

• Customer Support likes this

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

There are some locks which are bump key proof but the majority of locks still being sold in the USA (and the world!) are bumpable.  There are some high security locks, like Medeco, that are hard to be bumped... but for the vast majority of locks you'd encounter in the field (like Schlage, Kwikset, Arrow, Master) bumping is still most definitely possible.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Reinar

Reinar

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

Have you ever tried using a lock bumping key on an Arrow lock? I was surprised to see you include it in other modern lock brands that can't still be bumped. I thought Arrow is as good as Medeco or any other similar kind of high quality locks.

#4 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

Well, according to google: :D

High Security Locks that are Bumpable

Scorpion CX-5, the Assa Twin and similar products, the Schlage Everest, some of the Kaba dimple key products, most DOM locks, and the Marks USA High Security Line are all vulnerable to the bump key if the bump key has the right side milling on it.