17 replies to this topic

#1 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

I've got few keychains for my keys. I've got a keychain from my favorite football club and another one with an inspirational quote. Do you have a keychain?

#2 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have a keychain but it's only because the owner of the house gave it to me, otherwise I don't really like key chains since I put my keys in my pockets and having a keychain usually stuffs my pockets and I hate that :)

• LAlocksport likes this

#3 LAlocksport

LAlocksport

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

I have a keychain but it's only because the owner of the house gave it to me, otherwise I don't really like key chains since I put my keys in my pockets and having a keychain usually stuffs my pockets and I hate that smile.png

Well if you have a lot of keys than it might be a problem:) I usually put keychains when I have only one key for certain house or car.

#4 Kaylee

Kaylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

Yes I have..it's a convenient place to keep your keys together.

Toronto Locksmith Available 24/7

247torontolocksmith.com

#5 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

I do not usually keep bump keys on a key chain simply for the fact that the extra weight of the keys on the actual chain make bumping more difficult.  The bump key needs to be free to move in and out.  Without that freedom it makes bumping much more difficult. 

• LogiGoi likes this

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#6 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

I have two key chairs one fore all my personal use and then the other keychain I do hold all my other keys for locksmith so I also don't get them confused. Another thing I don't take my bump key keychain with me at all times. 

#7 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:05 AM

I have a keychain but it's only because the owner of the house gave it to me, otherwise I don't really like key chains since I put my keys in my pockets and having a keychain usually stuffs my pockets and I hate that smile.png

Same thing! My boss gave me a keychain lol so I felt like I need to use it everyday so he wouldn't feel like he wasn't appreciated but tbh i dont really like the style XD

#8 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:40 AM

I do not usually keep bump keys on a key chain simply for the fact that the extra weight of the keys on the actual chain make bumping more difficult.  The bump key needs to be free to move in and out.  Without that freedom it makes bumping much more difficult. 

Same thing! My boss gave me a keychain lol so I felt like I need to use it everyday so he wouldn't feel like he wasn't appreciated but tbh i dont really like the style XD

I feel ya..haha..but mine came from a friend...it's a same thing for clothes...you really don't want to wear pink shirts but you have too so that the one who gave you will not become sad..

#9 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:57 PM

I feel ya..haha..but mine came from a friend...it's a same thing for clothes...you really don't want to wear pink shirts but you have too so that the one who gave you will not become sad..

Yeah and after some time you'll come up with some story how one night you were so drunk and played with it only to find out it wasn't with you when you got back home and shit biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

#10 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hahahahah, you are going through your boss politics and i am going through mine wink.png

#11 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:06 AM

I do have key chain. But for the bump keys I think I shouldn't. Well, I just read a warning bout putting the bump keys on your key chain or key ring here in one of the forum topic. 

http://www.bumpkeyfo...-your-key-ring/

#12 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

Yeah and after some time you'll come up with some story how one night you were so drunk and played with it only to find out it wasn't with you when you got back home and shit biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Because you were not used in carrying it that's why...haha

#13 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:31 AM

I do have key chain. But for the bump keys I think I shouldn't. Well, I just read a warning bout putting the bump keys on your key chain or key ring here in one of the forum topic. 

http://www.bumpkeyfo...-your-key-ring/

Well thanks for sharing this post, all key chain holders brace yourself you might get arrested for a bumpkey in your key chain 

#14 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

getting arrested because of having a bump key in the key chain would be really terrible...

#15 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:40 AM

getting arrested because of having a bump key in the key chain would be really terrible...

Really, it will be and do you have ever given a thought if by chance your bump key gets lost or you drop it on your way to office accidentally and some thief or other criminal gets it by luck and use it to bump locks of jewelry shops and etc but at the end the police ends up standing before your home asking for you because that thief or beggar had his gloves on all the time during the crime and the key has your finger prints  cool.png

#16 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

Right. It will definitely affect the bumping coz of the weight of the other keys. Relockable key ring would be better. Where you you can take any keys out of the ring easily.

#17 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

Fortunately never heard any news about that. aaand why would you put a precious bump keys as a keychain, it would actually damage them in the long run. it's best to keep them in a safe place of course :)

#18 lillylockpicker

lillylockpicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:15 AM

I love key chains but I would never mixed up a bump key because.......well, you have all said it. So far all the reasons not to put a key chain in your bump key was pointed out in here. :)