pull out method

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 LockPickIt

LockPickIt

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

I feel like mcgyver learning some of this stuff!

#22 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Just Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

I am new to Bump Keying and able to finially able to open up the my door, I put the Bump Key up to two pins in the keyway. It did take me awhile any suggestions on how to do it any better and faster?   

#23 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

wal-mart's keys are really cheap and crappy. I made copies once there before, and the shoulders mushroomed in a day or two, and not too long after the key bent to a point where i couldnt use it anymore. When i copy my keys now, i go to Home Depot, and they keys are significantly better. And Nice job, bumping the padlock.

I have same experience too. But unable to solve the problem.

#24 xcaliber

xcaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:19 AM

you can still get pregnant with this method.

biggrin.png

#25 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

i filed mine down and pull it out one pin and then bump. but what do you mean normal depth?

Normal depth I guess means the depth when you use the the right key for the lock.

#26 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:32 PM

Which one is the easiest to learn?

Pull out method can be recognized as the easiest method to learn for customers but sometimes its all depend on the lock you are going to pick and your own interest , some people are too good at filing valleys so the easiest method is that one in which you have greater rate of success.

#27 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:12 AM

I wanted to try filing a key. So I took my bumpkey.us SC1 and SC4 to Home Depot. I knew they knew nothing about keys and the clerk proved it. He used the same blank for both keys. The five pin cut was OK and the six pin cut was cut for five and a fraction of a pin. Had this been a real key I would be returning it as it would not work.

Anyway I had two copies of each key made to play with. I used a copy of the SC1 in one of my locks and it opened on the first bump. However the key got bent and I was able to snap it off with just my fingers.

Point is your better of buying extra keys from bumpkey.us as they are a high quality key. Home Depot only charged me $1.43 for a key and you use it once and then you better throw it away.

Good point. You'll get what you paid for. And you can be sure it will work fine..

#28 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:37 AM

Bump_key_diagram.jpg

Pull out or Pull back method

The image above-left shows the condition just before the key is bumped. The image above-right is just after the key has been bumped. The driver pins (in blue) have bounced above the shear line, while the key pins (in red) are still below the shear line. As long as the shear line is unblocked, the cylinder can turn and the lock will open. As easy as you want

#29 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:34 AM

you can still get pregnant with this method.

hahahaahahahahahaha!!!!clearly out of the topic but obviously it's related in a different way...

#30 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:35 AM

I never knew there was a pull out method...this should be a new trend in this forum...

#31 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

I never knew there was a pull out method...this should be a new trend in this forum...

Some people say "pull out" for pull back method, these two are the same

#32 LogiGoi

LogiGoi

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:15 AM

Some people say "pull out" for pull back method, these two are the same

Oh..it may be too late but there are actually posts about that in this tread and why I didn't read those...hahaha...it made me look lazy because I only read the first and random posts and didn't read the others that contained the information about the topic...hehehe...

#33 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:04 AM

Oh..it may be too late but there are actually posts about that in this tread and why I didn't read those...hahaha...it made me look lazy because I only read the first and random posts and didn't read the others that contained the information about the topic...hehehe...

hahahahha ok :)