• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bumpinlegand

bumpinlegand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:46 AM

I have noticed after bumping about 25 locks, mostly schlege or kwickset, that the tension for schlege is very light, almost as light as a feather on the key, but kwickset is as far as the key will turn without it breaking. im not saying as hard as it will turn, but as far as it will turn. anyone else notice this about the two locks and if so then maybe this will help some of the newbies get there first bump.

#2 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:15 PM

for sure u will get some wear and tear on ur locks that u've been practicing on. a lock cylinder is nothing more then metal pins and springs, its only natural for the lock to be harmed sooner or later. this is exactly why people shouldnt test bumping on thier own home locks, do it on seperate cylinders
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#3 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:36 PM

for sure u will get some wear and tear on ur locks that u've been practicing on. a lock cylinder is nothing more then metal pins and springs, its only natural for the lock to be harmed sooner or later. this is exactly why people shouldnt test bumping on thier own home locks, do it on seperate cylinders

Akina is absolutely right. If you're for sure into it, you can sometimes find some nice deal for a bunch of cylinders on ebay

#4 bumber

bumber

Post-Aholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:43 PM

ive noticed the same as my front door has quickbumps on it. i learned on my front door, so much i cat really unlock it with the normal key. no wrry i dont even lock my door as i cant even see my nearest neighbors house:) purks of 10 acres:}
Bump It And You Will Enter

#5 Bump123

Bump123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:41 AM

I've bumped a masterlock so many times, I can just about do nothing but look at it the wrong way and it opens.. But to answer bumpinlegands question, The locks will definetly change the more you practice on them, some get tighter, some get looser. Which can make it difficult to learn without changing locks all the time.