• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bumpinlegand

bumpinlegand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:35 PM

i have became decent at bumping locks and i have ran into a door that the dead bolt pops with ease every time, but the handle wont pop no matter what i try. any suggestions? same key by the way... :(

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:42 PM

I'm sure the general answer you will get here is... tension.. tension... tension...

Also - you mentioned that it was the same key..

How about the same lock manufacture? Some of the more 'high grade' locks actually bump better... this could be the case with your deadbolt?

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 bumpinlegand

bumpinlegand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

i have tryed all different tensions, different swings with the hammer, it just bifuddles me. i havent ran into many that i couldnt get open. oh well ill just keep trying. quick question though. the more you bump a lock, does it actually get easier to bump that lock.

#4 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

Until you break the lock atleast :)

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#5 Kris

Kris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

The more you practice on tension, the more you learn. You may also go for some tutorial videos in web, there are lots of video's with relevant information.

Chris