Photo
- - - - -

To All the Gamers out there!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: What Next Gen System has Sparked your Interest? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

What Next Gen System has Sparked your Interest?

1. Nintendo Wii (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Playstation 3 (5 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

3. Xbox 360 (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:23 PM

I dont know how many of you guys are gamers, but I know that the next gen systems are all about to be available. I'm just curious on which one will be the best in your opinion

#2 kutibah

kutibah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:28 PM

PS3 definitely will own all. It's processor alone outweights the rest. Especially with the Blu-Ray capabilities. It's a big punch a $500 - $600, but totally worth it.

#3 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:34 PM

PS3 definitely will own all. It's processor alone outweights the rest. Especially with the Blu-Ray capabilities. It's a big punch a $500 - $600, but totally worth it.

But the big debate is if bluray will be the next standard. It currently looks like the HD-DVD is going to be the next movie media. With this being said, it almost seems pointless to have a blu-ray

#4 kutibah

kutibah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:36 PM

Well, yes, but Blu-Ray has more potential. HDDVD is supported up to 30gb and Blu-Ray can hold a maximum of 50gb. This assuming they are both dual-layered. In the long run, Blu-Ray will surpass HDDVD because of its capacity.

#5 criant

criant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:17 PM

ps3 for sure

#6 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

Sony already lost out with their ARTAC or what ever it is audio...
They did the same with some compatible tape, like a VHS, a while back...

They'll loose this one too. HD DVD is already out there and running in full motion!

I'm just waiting for BLK to make an appearance here and predict what's going to happen like he did with the Cards \ Tigers.

DAMN YOU BLK AND DAMN THE CARDS :D

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#7 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:11 AM

Sony already lost out with their ARTAC or what ever it is audio...
They did the same with some compatible tape, like a VHS, a while back...

They'll loose this one too. HD DVD is already out there and running in full motion!

I'm just waiting for BLK to make an appearance here and predict what's going to happen like he did with the Cards \ Tigers.

DAMN YOU BLK AND DAMN THE CARDS :D

I have no clue what you are talking about!
Bump it to the next level.

#8 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:36 PM

One of the guys in the office was reading the news about the new system release this afternoon and 1 person has been killed and quiet a few have been assulted and robbed of their new toy....and all this on the first day.

#9 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:41 PM

yeah, but think about this. The news reported that one of the ps3's sold on ebay for around $3000..... i would hire a bodyguard if i was gonna wait in line all night and try to walk out the store with one of those in my bag

#10 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:43 PM

yeah, but think about this. The news reported that one of the ps3's sold on fleabay for around $3000..... i would hire a bodyguard if i was gonna wait in line all night and try to walk out the store with one of those in my bag

Bodyguard and my 9mm!

#11 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:49 PM

Bodyguard and my 9mm!

Mines bigger... I have a .40 CAL!

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#12 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:57 PM

[quote name='slickj][quote=BLK']Bodyguard and my 9mm![/quote]

Mines bigger... I have a .40 CAL![/quote]

I've been drooling over a WarEagle .50. Maybe Santa will be good to me?

#13 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:31 PM

The Wii's have been hard to get ahold of aswell. I was around at midnight to pick one up, simply for Zelda, and the retail price of 250. Unfortunately, the line was nice and long, and there was no hope of me getting one.

I also played the PS3 today, it was amazing. Unfortunately, its hard to justify spending 600 dollars on a gaming system.

#14 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:11 PM

OK, so I got a Wii and a PlayStation 3. Now my question is, should I keep the PS3. I love the wii and find it fun as hell, so I'm not getting rid of that. I havent even opened the PS3 though. Should I sell it on ebay for a cool 1000 bucks, or should I keep it for myself.

(I'll sell it to one of you guys for $935 if I choose to sell)

It is the 60GB premium model

#15 kutibah

kutibah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:34 PM

OK, so I got a Wii and a PlayStation 3. Now my question is, should I keep the PS3. I love the wii and find it fun as hell, so I'm not getting rid of that. I havent even opened the PS3 though. Should I sell it on fleabay for a cool 1000 bucks, or should I keep it for myself.

I love mine! However, if you do not have an HDTV, I'm not sure if it will be worth it for you. I played mine the first week on a normal CRT TV. It was great, however, I just bought an HDTV last night, and after I put it in, WOW. It's amazing! The blu-ray movies and the gaming is spectacular. In my opinion, it may not be worth the money if you don't have HDTV. However, if you do, KEEP IT.

#16 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

OK, so I got a Wii and a PlayStation 3. Now my question is, should I keep the PS3. I love the wii and find it fun as hell, so I'm not getting rid of that. I havent even opened the PS3 though. Should I sell it on fleabay for a cool 1000 bucks, or should I keep it for myself.

I love mine! However, if you do not have an HDTV, I'm not sure if it will be worth it for you. I played mine the first week on a normal CRT TV. It was great, however, I just bought an HDTV last night, and after I put it in, WOW. It's amazing! The blu-ray movies and the gaming is spectacular. In my opinion, it may not be worth the money if you don't have HDTV. However, if you do, KEEP IT.

I actually have a really nice 50" HDTV, a gamers dream. But to be honest, I cant convince myself that the 600 dollars are justifiable. I'm a college student, and though I do have money to play around with, 600 dollars for a game machine is just too much. I think I'm gonna sell the one I have, and maybe buy one in a year, when they drop the price a bit.

#17 kutibah

kutibah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:30 PM

I actually have a really nice 50" HDTV, a gamers dream. But to be honest, I cant convince myself that the 600 dollars are justifiable. I'm a college student, and though I do have money to play around with, 600 dollars for a game machine is just too much. I think I'm gonna sell the one I have, and maybe buy one in a year, when they drop the price a bit.

Well, don't forget, it's just not for gaming. Blu-Ray is one of the best features since you can actually play HD Quality Movies on your TV. There are a bunch of either features including downloading movie rentals from their online store. However, if your sole purpose is gaming and not an entertainment center, than it may not be worth it.