Photo
- - - - -

$$ MAKE MONEY $$ - Give us Your BumpKey Pics!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:42 AM

OK Folks,

Hope the title draws some people in... (its actually truthful this time!)

If you've made your *OWN* bump key before (AKA: NOT bought a key from us) and have a Digital Camera \ Scanner then keep reading.

Recently we've been VERY busy with online and off line projects so we're going to outsource this... TO YOU!
We're looking for someone that has made a bump key (SC1, SC4, KW1, ETC...) for them selves. Someone that is able to take *GOOD Quality* photos of the process and send them to us.
The key should start off as a normal house key... not a blank.

If you meet the criteria above, click the "PM" icon below and tell us you can do it.

Payment:

Ok, Ok. We said you'd get paid in the title... we'll you will. The amount has yet to be determined and is negotiable. We know this for sure: It will be more than 20 bucks. Also, after we finish the product we're working on, you'll get a free one (what ever it is were working on :roll: )

So - what are you waiting for... PM US NOW!

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:27 AM

damn man!

This may convince me to make some keys :-p

#3 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

We'll you better hurry...

We've got some people interested in doing it right now :D

If enough people want to do it, we can perhaps commission multiple people....

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#4 lockman

lockman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:10 PM

Did you get the photo of my "C4" and does it qualify ?.

#5 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:09 PM

Did you get the photo of my "C4" and does it qualify ?.

Ehh? I think I'm missing something here....

James K. - Lead Support

#6 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:25 PM

so you want process from blank to bump? or from any key to bump?

#7 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:29 PM

so you want process from blank to bump? or from any key to bump?

No, no... guess i should have said it better... I'll edit the above to reflect our intentions....

We are looking for normal key (original) to bump key. So, take your home key, file it down, and take pictures during the process... thats it!

Thanks asking about that :D

James K. - Lead Support

#8 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

im doing this right now
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#9 bumpinlegand

bumpinlegand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:54 PM

i have a M1 masterlock one i made and it works better than the one i bought. its not pretty but is very effective. do i qualify..?

#10 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:44 PM

This is still open... We have not received any pictures from anyone yet.
Let me know if anyone is still interested.

James K. - Lead Support

#11 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:36 AM

omg slickj i deeply apologize for forgetting about this project!!! AH!!! its just been hectic with finals in class and work in the evenings... i REALLY REALLY am still interested in this.
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#12 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:29 AM

Point of Clarification: Where do we send/post the pictures?
Bump it to the next level.

#13 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:17 PM

omg slickj i deeply apologize for forgetting about this project!!! AH!!! its just been hectic with finals in class and work in the evenings... i REALLY REALLY am still interested in this.

You got it...

I thought you had forgotten about us :D
We'll still accept your pictures as well as anyone else that submits them!

Point of Clarification: Where do we send/post the pictures?

If you'd like send us a PM stating that you'd be interested in doing it and we'll get you further details :D

Thanks

James K. - Lead Support

#14 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:44 PM

This is still open... we have yet to receive any pictures...

James K. - Lead Support

#15 cidkato

cidkato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:11 PM

Hey slickj, just ordered my first keys from you. Before this, I've made all of my bump keys (successfully).

I have the following keys which I can show you pictures for. Which you would like for this "project" of yours?

SC1
SC4
M1
M4 (Locker- custom)
Y1
KW1

If you want any other special ones, I can probably get it for you for this project. I work at a hardware store which keys custom locks and makes custom keys.

The M4 is a key that I worked a great deal on. It's for the Master Combination locks with keyholes in the back (the M4 blank fits after some serious filing/cutting). These locks are so prone to bumping that you can just turn the key while it is in the keyhole and push it in, and it will open. If anyone wants a guide for making this key, or if you intend on carrying this key, I can send you in a copy.

Thanks,
cidkato

#16 Kevio

Kevio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:19 PM

Hey slickj, just ordered my first keys from you. Before this, I've made all of my bump keys (successfully).

I have the following keys which I can show you pictures for. Which you would like for this "project" of yours?

SC1
SC4
M1
M4 (Locker- custom)
Y1
KW1

If you want any other special ones, I can probably get it for you for this project. I work at a hardware store which keys custom locks and makes custom keys.

The M4 is a key that I worked a great deal on. It's for the Master Combination locks with keyholes in the back (the M4 blank fits after some serious filing/cutting). These locks are so prone to bumping that you can just turn the key while it is in the keyhole and push it in, and it will open. If anyone wants a guide for making this key, or if you intend on carrying this key, I can send you in a copy.

Thanks,
cidkato

I would be very interested in getting/making one of these keys. If you don't mind writing up some instructions, or if bumpkey or you yourself decides to start selling it, I'm down for buying/making one.
Posted Image
Yea...I posted the 1337th article on the forum.

#17 cidkato

cidkato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

I would be very interested in getting/making one of these keys. If you don't mind writing up some instructions, or if bumpkey or you yourself decides to start selling it, I'm down for buying/making one.

If you don't mind me asking, what lock exactly do you need a key for? Is it the 1525 series lock?

Feel free to PM me with the details so I can further help you.

#18 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:17 AM

I'm working on a key for Sergeant locks. I suppose it would be a good project, as it is widely used for commercial purposes that demand a little more security. If you want pictures of the entire process, just PM me. I'm not done with it yet, as it's being filed by hand.

Other home brews that I've completed include all the common ones:

KW1 & KW10
SC1 & SC4
WR5
DE6
WK2
NA6 & NA12
M1
IN3

and so on and so forth...

If you need pictures, I can make another. For a complete list of what I've made, again, just let me know.

#19 Master Cutter

Master Cutter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:51 PM

Hello all
I run UK Bump Keys and have found (in the absence of a pro photographer) that doing a high res scan is a really good way of showing keys. Here's a couple of our tips to show you. Out of interest (before anyone asks) we do two patterns of cut, a more straight/angled one and a more radiused one.
here they are:

Posted Image

Also, someone showed me this, it's a bump key with a handy tin opener. Nice

Posted Image

#20 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:18 PM

Hello all
I run and have found (in the absence of a pro photographer) that doing a high res scan is a really good way of showing keys. Here's a couple of our tips to show you. Out of interest (before anyone asks) we do two patterns of cut, a more straight/angled one and a more radiused one.
here they are:

Posted Image

Also, someone showed me this, it's a bump key with a handy tin opener. Nice

Posted Image

Whats the hole at the end of the tip for?