• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:37 AM

I made a short video in response to those who ask if a bumping hammer really makes much of a difference when compared to any blunt object.

(The number of times I failed at the file handle was somewhat exagerated because I was getting frustrated and was anticipating using the Bump hammer and also I haven't used anything other than the bump hammer in a while, usually it would take me 4 or 5 tries with any blunt object.)
  • LavetaBuins likes this

#2 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:10 AM

see! i TOLD u guys it was gonna be easier with a bump hammer! haha good job..
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#3 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

for sure getting me one

#4 warwagon

warwagon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:24 PM

Good video.

The name and number on the bumper was blurred.

Where did you get it and how much was it?

#5 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

although, bumpkey.us will hopefully be selling them soon

#6 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:30 PM

although, bumpkey.us will hopefully be selling them soon

We are selling them currently. :biggrin:

With the recent HD crash... trying to get orders mailed out.... it might be a few more days \ week(s)....

Sigh.... We're trying.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#7 bumpinlegand

bumpinlegand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

I also had a hell of a time with screwdriver handles, wooden spoons, or anything else for that matter. i got a kwickset one time and that was it. so i listened to the sight and got one. now after about 15 minutes having the keh II hammer, i can get all locks about 5 out of 6 times. it really does make a big difference with being able to put the right strick on the key consistantly. hope this helps all the hopelessness that comes with beginning this technigue.

#8 bumpinlegand

bumpinlegand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:14 PM

I also had a hell of a time with screwdriver handles, wooden spoons, or anything else for that matter. i got a kwickset one time and that was it. so i listened to the sight and got one. now after about 15 minutes having the keh II hammer, i can get all locks about 5 out of 6 times. it really does make a big difference with being able to put the right strick on the key consistantly. hope this helps all the hopelessness that comes with beginning this technigue.

#9 kutibah

kutibah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:14 AM

I also got this hammer yesterday, and after not being successful with tools around the house, I'm easily able to bump masterlocks! I'm still working on Tension for Kwikset's, but I'm improving on that. Anyone that is having trouble, I definitely recommend the KEH-2 Bump Hammer.

#10 kilroyjc

kilroyjc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:44 AM

Hi - new user here.

It looks to me like our intrepid hammer salesman is striking the body of the lock with the screwdriver, rather than the key bow. Then, after showing off his creation, he hits the key bow & opens on the first try.

Is this in fact what I saw, or am I hallucinating?

Unless the hammer somehow improves his aim. . .
-If it is stupid, and it works, then it ain't stupid. . .

#11 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hi - new user here.

It looks to me like our intrepid hammer salesman is striking the body of the lock with the screwdriver, rather than the key bow. Then, after showing off his creation, he hits the key bow & opens on the first try.

Is this in fact what I saw, or am I hallucinating?

Unless the hammer somehow improves his aim. . .

Ah Grasshopper, your eyes have served you well.
Bump it to the next level.

#12 JXB7

JXB7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:58 PM

After watching the video I him hitting the key too hard with the screw driver. and when he uses the hammer it seems that he uses a softer swing. my self i like the screw driver method, also much cheaper too. I don't see the reason to spend $20+ dollars on a hammer to use just for bumping while I drive right up the street and get a screwdriver for a couple of buck and use it for bumping.

#13 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

Very nice video. Keep up the good work

#14 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

Thanks for posting such a nice video, it helped lot on most of the minor things which we usually neglect.
Sandy