• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#121 barry 1943

barry 1943

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:32 PM

Thopr helps again. I think you are correct in my situation. The padlock key is getting harder to get out. I have tried pulling it out two clicks about every other time I try. By chance right after I sent my last posting I opened the lock again. Now after about 6 hours I can't do it at all. I have two keys that fit of different shapes. The second one does not do much of anything either. It appears (i say again appears) to be a shorter key from the shoulder to the tip but my old eyes arn't what they use to be. I haven't tried it much.

Tried the clone lock many times again as you suggested with the KW1 and KW10 with no luck at all. I am a determined indivdual but feel i keep trying the same things over and over (hit hard hit medium hit light//push light push medium) i have caluses on my one finger. I have not given up.

I took pictures with my cell phone of my locks and the keys I sm trying but they didn;t come out too good and not sure I iknow how to upload them here but will try. I really appreciate all your help. your a true service to your fellow man. by the way all my keys are from Bumpkeyus but I have a set I got on flherehereherehere but from what people are saying I have left them in the envelope and I have made copies of the Bumpkeyus ones and are using them not the copies (thats all i need is a bad copy to add to my troubles.
I just tried one picture (jpg) and it says it exceeds what this forum will allow in size?????
OH well I tried.
If I knew how to pm (I use nothing connected with AOL) I would send you my email address and you could send me an address in return to send the pictures but I don;t know how.
I feel like you have become a friend with all your patience and help.
Thanks
Barry

#122 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:38 PM

Feel free to send your pictures to my user name @ yahoo.com so that I can see what you're working with, and I'll do my best to diagnose your problem. To PM, just click on my user name at the top of this post and click on the option that says "Send a Private Message to theopratr" and I'll receive your email address in return. Either that or just email me and I'll return to the same address you used.

#123 revdclark

revdclark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:30 AM

Erwin, you're right: what a rush! I've been trying now for several weeks, and got absolutely nothing. I re re read the posts about mininal movement method, and filed my copied key to the specs. After about 5-6 trys-POW what a rush! I'm using a kw-1 handheld deadbolt. My hammer is a cheap hacksaw blade with a rubber stopper attached. very little twist, and a very light bump. Thanks! All I can say to the other people not having any luck: re-re-read all the posts, follow what works for others, and bump it to the next level.
  • BLK likes this

#124 johntuan

johntuan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:37 PM

using a kw1 homemade key with the minimal method, it works but i find that i can bump it to the right easily, but when i try to go left as in bump it to the left side it is much harder though I can bump it left after a lot of tries. Any tips or should i file more? Also i find that using a rubberband on the key helped me greatly on the top shoulder only. Using the rubberband helps me bump it easier to the right especially but i still have problems bumping it left. Oh and another thing i can bump easily when i hold the lock in my hand I can bump it everytime within a couple of shots both sides. But when it's mounted I find again bumping left is much harder than bumping right.

#125 theopratr

theopratr

The Wise One

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:52 PM

It's all a matter of tension... when it's mounted, you're forced to position yourself awkwardly, and it's harder to do - this is assuming that you can do it with equal ease when the lock is in your hand.

Some locks can be easily bumped, picked, etc. in one direction, but are difficult or impossible in the other... this is due to the fact that the holes in the plug may not be perfectly linear, causing pins to stick above the shear line with greater ease in one direction only, but not bind in the other direction. A plug spinner helps this out a lot, as does using less tension.

#126 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:51 PM

Hi, i'm new to these forums, how's everybody?
I'm having a lot of trouble with my bump keys, got em from a dude who sold them for 75 euro's for 13 keys. So I tried like 500 times to bump my locks, but I can't open my front door and I also can't open the door for my shed. I don't really think I was ripped-off, the keys look like ordinary bump-keys (you be the judge) and i stink in lock-picking too. All I need to do is learn to bump doors within 20 to 30 seconds, can you guys help me out?

Here are the keys:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#127 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#128 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#129 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

Anyways, here is the key for my front door and shed, and the keys i tried to bump it with.

Front Door
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shed
Posted Image
Posted Image

#130 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

Fuck, didnt see the official "cant get the keys work" thread.... sorry! can i still get helped here?

#131 BLK

BLK

Pure Genius

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

Double pummelling to begin immediately!

1. Official Thread boo boo. :fighting: Read FAQ's first on any Forum before posting. Use the SEARCH function to help avoid double postings.

2. Terrible language boo boo. :rolleyes: Use :furious3: instead of dropping the F bomb.

Where should we send the flowers for the funeral? :eek:
Bump it to the next level.

#132 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

Hi, i'm new to these forums, how's everybody?
I'm having a lot of trouble with my bump keys, got em from a dude who sold them for 75 euro's for 13 keys. So I tried like 500 times to bump my locks, but I can't open my front door and I also can't open the door for my shed. I don't really think I was ripped-off, the keys look like ordinary bump-keys (you be the judge) and i stink in lock-picking too. All I need to do is learn to bump doors within 20 to 30 seconds, can you guys help me out?

Here are the keys:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#133 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#134 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#135 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

Anyways, here is the key for my front door and shed, and the keys i tried to bump them with.

Front Door
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shed
Posted Image
Posted Image

#136 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

Also the screwdriver i hammered with
Posted Image

#137 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:27 PM

Sorry man, it's just a pain in the :furious3: to do that all over again on the official thread. (see, I learn)

#138 Method

Method

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:51 AM

Double pummelling to begin immediately!

1. Official Thread boo boo. :fighting: Read FAQ's first on any Forum before posting. Use the SEARCH function to help avoid double postings.

2. Terrible language boo boo. :rolleyes: Use :furious3: instead of dropping the F bomb.

Where should we send the flowers for the funeral? :eek:

you know what's funny? i get a reply the first day in this thread about how i have to post this in the original thread, but no-one actually cares to help out with the actual question even though i posted it on the original.

#139 bentpick

bentpick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

Hi, those keys look really rough...the slopes look too steep and overall un-uniform. When purchasing keys make sure they are machine made. Those look like they were filed with a rock, while the guy was asleep or high :smoker: ....it looks like the only things those keys will bump is the garbage lid as you toss them out :eek: .
Bump on!!!!

#140 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:07 PM

you know what's funny? i get a reply the first day in this thread about how i have to post this in the original thread, but no-one actually cares to help out with the actual question even though i posted it on the original.

We care. :smoker:
Just gotta remember that we see the same 5 questions asked 90% of the time. Forgive me for not gettin back to you.

As was stated before, the keys do look a bit rough. Search around, you'll see what good keys are supposed to look like (the peaks \ valley spacing for one).

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.