• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#241 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

Im kind of confused as to what you mean by narrow, the only real difference i see is the peak width and height. and an update.

You're actually right there. We had a few requests for a 'taller' that was not as wide. The only name we could think of was to call it a KW-Narrow... since it's narrow. :biggrin:

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#242 unholdable

unholdable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

Hi i'm a new member and new user of bump keys. i only started a few days ago. i have my first bump key filed and ready. i have taken a bit of metal off the shoulders but i havent touched the tip yet. ive been using the handle of a screwdriver to bump the key. i'm experiencing some problems. i have no idea what kind of padlocks are on my doors to my house as there is no wording on the locks. theyre relatively old, having been in for at least as long as 20 years. i moved in only around 19 years ago so again i'm not sure.
there are three padlocks that all work with the same house key i have. two turn clockwise and one turns counterclockwise. one is on the sidedoor of my garage(clockwise), another on the door between my garage and the rest of the house(counterclockwise), then the last one is on the front door(clockwise). I tried my bump key on all three doors but can only get it to work on the side door. it works pretty well and i'm able to get about 5 out of every 6 attempts. but can anyone help me explain why i cant get in through the other doors? I was wondering whether the direction the key turns makes a difference as in clockwise vs counterclockwise. also, what is this pull out technique i read about earlier in this thread? and does bumping work on the lock that is embedded in the door handle itself? i would appreciate any help i can get. thanks

correction- i now know what the pullout method is and this is the method i have currently been using. and i have also discovered that the locks on my doors are all schlage.

#243 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

If you're using a padlock, I would suggest having a look at our Padlock bump key set. It's usually the best / biggest offering of keys you're going to find.

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#244 TanVanMan

TanVanMan

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:38 AM

Wow.. that's cool. Nice video. She's probably an expert by now. Just one thing.. It would have been better if she had shown the bump key first before inserting it in the lock :-)

#245 redcity

redcity

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:12 PM

At the risk of taking the moral high ground " A good tradesman never blames his tools" and "When all else fails - Read the instructions".

As with most things unless you take the time to understand what you are trying to achieve and how best to achieve it it is unlikely that you will ever succeed.

There is a ton of information available on the technique of "Bumping". Together with information on how cylinders operate take the time to read and observe.

Good luck to all who succeed - I'm heading outback. Very few locks needed out there.

A good advice for all of us...