• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:01 PM

Has anyone had any success in bumping "american" brand padlocks?

#2 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:49 AM

yes, it IS possible... just use a spare and if ur lucky, your "american" key already has a cut thats to the lowest... and just file away!!!!!

SPECIAL NOTE: i had alot of success with a bumping hammer than ANYTHING else while bumping ANY padlock... so yea *hint hint, nudge nudge* GET ONE!

or if you really dare... tuff guy technique it.. LOL....
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#3 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:28 PM

I have a machine cut "American" deepest depth key and I've tried it a few times on an old American lock I have with no success, I was just wondering if it was because it was old or because that certain type of luck is different.

#4 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:00 PM

a pin tumbler lock will always be a pin tumbler lock regardless of how old it is...
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#5 Knacker

Knacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:19 PM

I've been bumping for about a week, practising on two 'AMERICAN LOCK' padlocks series 5200. I can bump them both normally within 3 seconds using handmade bump keys and a very light rotational force ( so it only just indents the skin on your finger ). So that was good, immediately thought I was a pro! then I tried it on some more 'AMERICAN LOCK' padlocks from the same series with very little success! If you start getting frustrated then it's pointless, take a break! I was using a medium sized half round file as a bumper tool, and found a sharp snapping action was necessary, if you follow through with the blow it doesn't seem to work.

Good luck! :wink:

#6 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

Yes, I also tried that and after few attempts I got success as I always use minimal method. I used my homemade key to bump that. What I suggest is to use less force to get better results.
Sandy