• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 theglitch

theglitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:22 PM

im trying to bump this lock. i bought it at the local hard ware store. i never bumped before. i try and try but cant seem to get it to work. the keys are nice. a aunt of mine operates the key machine at the hardware store. she made me exactly what i wanted. even shaved the tip and shoulders to my specifications. the problem is i dont know how to make it work, is there a trick to it? i need opions and advice on tension. maybe thats it?
yeah!!!

#2 theglitch

theglitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:23 PM

heres my video.

yeah!!!

#3 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

normally i would scream virus alert, but since you provided a video i wont. There are a couple reasons why it could be not working. The key originally for that lock could have a nine cut in it, in which case you would need to file the vallys a little deeper. Check the original key to see if any of the cuts are the same depth as the depth on the bump key. Other than that, it is a matter of getting a feel for how much tension (very little, it should be feather light) and how hard to hit. You are doing something right if you hear clicking though. Let me know if this helps.

#4 theglitch

theglitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:00 PM

thanks so much! you guys rock. well i learned. i still got a lot to go. its a start. gives me hope.

yeah!!!

#5 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:07 PM

thanks so much! you guys rock. well i learned. i still got a lot to go. its a start. gives me hope.

Congrats!!!

What's it like to be an Internet celebrity?! I feel jealous I don't have any movies of myself online =(

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#6 theglitch

theglitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:51 PM

wow admin! it feels hella good. i feel like im in heaven. if heaven dont let me in his gates now, ill guess ill pick or bump his gate lock. yeah!!!
yeah!!!

#7 theglitch

theglitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

dude you guys both rock. i never get responses from any one else. together united we shal bump our way through problems. heck yes!
yeah!!!

#8 theglitch

theglitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

please post comments
yeah!!!

#9 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:14 PM

hey he said hella! im from norcal too man... anyways haha hey congrats man... i usually would respond to try and help people, but lately i've been busy with other things... once again.. welcome! and im REALLY glad you did this: NOT GIVE UP! good luck on future bumps.... aye man also try gettin a bump hammer. trust me, i STARTED with one and it made everything in the learning process alot easier
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#10 theglitch

theglitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:26 PM

really...hm maybe i am. i can get a hold of a tomahawk. free. yuppy. so im going to get it now. trade keys (copies) for tomahawk. thanks a lot guys.
yeah!!!

#11 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:51 AM

dude you guys both rock. i never get responses from any one else. together united we shal bump our way through problems. heck yes!

Oh come on, I post alot here. I was in Detriot without my computer this weekend. I'm usually very active here

#12 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:42 AM

Very cool man. Im glad that my response helped you figure it out and I and i'm sure everyone else really appreciates the video showing the "progress". We don't get that very often. Awesome man. Keep at it!

#13 theglitch

theglitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:12 PM

no videos i know! well i gues im going to lead the site with videos. yeah the video dude. so i guess i can post a video on how to make the bump key next. people usually know how deep to file a key. they just cant get the tip and the shoulders right. maybe that will help.
yeah!!!

#14 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:54 PM

have at it. If it is good, slick might make it a sticky

#15 lockman

lockman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:09 AM

If you are making your own "bump" keys why would you set them up so that you had to file shoulders and tips.

#16 fred5874

fred5874

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:20 AM

If you are making your own "bump" keys why would you set them up so that you had to file shoulders and tips.

I think you just opened another can of worms.