• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ropeadope

ropeadope

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

Hiya. I was thinking about buying a bumpkey from bumpkey.us - One thing i cant' figure out though is what is the different in all of the keys? I thought 1 bump key was the same as the next (besides the different 4 pin, 5 pin, and 6 pin keys). There are a lot to choose from on the site so i'm wondering if one 5 pin key is just as good as the next? Thanks.

I tried filing my own bump keys but they came out badly :P - It's real hard to try and file them accurately. Videos on Youtube make it sound so easy.

#2 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:42 AM

well the point of all the different keys is because there are MANY and i mean MANY different "keyways"... just look at ur locks, the way the hole looks may differ from the others... therefore u need different keys because they are locks made from other companies... they all work basically the same... pins and springs....
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#3 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:07 AM

I had same opinion last one year back but when you dig deeper in bumping you will come to know more specific details about bumping. All key are not same as each lock use different key-ways thus need different keys to bump.
Sandy