Photo
- - - - -

Bumping Hammers

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: If bumpkey.us carried Bumping Hammers (see below for details) would you be interested in buying one? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

If bumpkey.us carried Bumping Hammers (see below for details) would you be interested in buying one?

1. Yes (12 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No (3 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:29 PM

I was thinking about getting a Bumping hammer such as this one http://www.lockpicks...PROD&ProdID=636
but I have noticed there are many different types, some stiffer, some heavier , some different lengths, etc. If anyone has baught one of these could they please tell me their experiences and success or lack of with it and where you got it from.

bumpkey.us should sell them. I'd be willing to pay the extra shipping needed to ship with a private comany instead of USPS which is illegal.

#2 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

hey ya mad lad!

well i bought it from that site before, one of the earlier versions of the bumping hammer, the one i have looks/is like the original "tomahawk". i cant say much for the hammer that you posted, because i dunno the feeling of it yet. but from experience, a bump hammer works almost ALL the time... u WILL be successful bumping with it

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you try one

#3 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:53 PM

I decided on buying this one:

http://www.lockpicks...PROD&ProdID=640

Seems to be the best one out there.

Does anyone have this one? How is it?

#4 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:43 PM

yea! that the one i have!!! AWESOME tool... DO IT its worth it!

#5 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:15 PM

I'll probably end up buying it =|

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#6 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:30 PM

I'll probably end up buying it =|

Any chance you'll buy a few dozen and sell them on the site?

#7 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:06 PM

I wonder if there would be enough interest to do that?

Hrmmm

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#8 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:52 AM

I plan on buying one when I get around to it. I plan on buying alot of things though :-\

#9 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

Slick, if you get them, ill buy from you. Otherwise im gonna end up buying one anyway. (they might have some qualms about selling to non-locksmiths, hope not)

#10 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:45 PM

So what are you thinking slick? Yes, No, not sure yet?

#11 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:14 PM

I did some checking into it... We *should* be able to have some soon... With in the next week or 2 we'll place a big order for a bunch.

I'll keep you all posted in this thread.

James K. - Lead Support

#12 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:25 AM

cool. i await your notice of sale

#13 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:12 PM

Were people wanting the one with the tension tool and lubricant
http://www.lockpicks...PROD&ProdID=640

or the one with just the hammer?
http://www.lockpicks...PROD&ProdID=639

Just curious what people thought
( i personally just want the hammer)

P.S Please respond to the poll before you respond to this post

#14 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:26 PM

I just recieved mine. I baught the $28.00 kit which includes the tension tool and the lubricant. If you want just the hammer it costs $23.00, I think tension tool is way worth the 5 extra bucks, I havent had need for the lube yet but I've heard people who swear by it saying it helps bump really old locks. I've been able to open pretty much any luck in one or two bumps with the hammer, and for a few locks it takes my a lot longer if I don't use the tension tool, so it does help.

#15 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

does it slip through the key? or into the keyway?

#16 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

It fits into the Key's ring hole.

#17 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:32 PM

and you enjoy that (find it useful?) Does it greatly improve the rate of success, or no. I want to get away from carrying alot of tools. If it doenst help alot, i would rather just have the keys and the hammer. If it does help alot, then maybe i'd try it

#18 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:24 PM

It does help for those locks that need very light tension. There is no requirement to carry it around if you buy it. You could buy it and just use it when you have to. I'd also like to ask why you would need to carry lock picking tools around with you in the first place, are you a locksmith or police, fire, or medic. Otherwise you should not be carrying lock picking tools around with you unless you mean to try it on locks that don't belong to you which would be illegal and quite dangerous as you might damage the lock or worse, get caught and charged with a felony.

#19 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:38 AM

Of course there is no requirement to carry that around, that is ridiculous. Second of all, i am not a locksmith, but like many others on this site i enjoy showing people the skill of being able to open locks without proper keys. I assure you, I have no interest in breaking into anyones home, it is merely ahobby. And you really have no right to tell me what i should or shouldnt carry around.

I still appreciate your imput though.

#20 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

I, of course, have no right to command you what to carry around, just as I have no right to command you not to carry around a fully automatic machine gun in an airport as a civilian. But I do have the right to tell you, and give you advice, and make you aware of the law.

Although I realise that it is always fun to be able to show others your bumping skills. I just "ASK" that you be careful not to try it on locks that aren't your own, or that are in use by others.