• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blankcheck

blankcheck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:32 PM

Can you use the the original key and cut it down to depth nine or do I have to cut from blank key? All help greatly appreciated.

BC

#2 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

Can you use the the original key and cut it down to depth nine or do I have to cut from blank key? All help greatly appreciated.

BC

Sure you can use the original key. Just keep in mind that this key will no longer function as a 'normal key'.

So if you have a spare key try it out on... go for it!

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#3 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:11 AM

BC

Infact, its a whole lot easier to start with a spare key, rather than a blank, since the spacing is already cut correctly.

#4 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:17 PM

i concur, especially if the key already has deep cuts. its a good reference for how deep you should cut. Match the deepest cut, then go a little deeper.

#5 ChicagoLocks

ChicagoLocks

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:34 AM

Infact, its a whole lot easier to start with a spare key, rather than a blank, since the spacing is already cut correctly.

I agree, its really very easy with the spare key due to already made spacing. I once used to work with blank and found tougher than the once with the cuts.
Sandy