10 replies to this topic

#1 kungfugecko

kungfugecko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you skilled bump key makers know anything about "Best" brand keys. Will one of the 5 popular depth keys work on this key? Or do you think a special depth key would need to be made from it?
Key type in question:
http://www.doityours...m/invt/u694494#

Thanks!

-KungFuGecko

#2 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:41 PM

Look for daddyshep on ebay, he sold me some BEST keys and they worked. He has good prices and almost everysingle key you can think of.

#3 tonyhollin

tonyhollin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:19 AM

Look for daddyshep on fleabay, he sold me some BEST keys and they worked. He has good prices and almost everysingle key you can think of.

#4 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:09 PM

[quote name='tonyhollin][quote=Ah Mad Lad'] Look for daddyshep on fleabay, he sold me some BEST keys and they worked. He has good prices and almost everysingle key you can think of. [/quote][/quote]

Is there an echo?

#5 digitxm

digitxm

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:00 PM

lol. i heard it

#6 kungfugecko

kungfugecko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:09 PM

thanks for the suggestion, I checked him out, however he sells them only as full sets. I only need the max depth key :-)

Ah Mad Lad, you said you purchased some BE2 keys from him? Any chance I could pay you to have the 9 key copied and ship it to me?

-Gecko

#7 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:31 PM

He also sells just the bump keys if you contact him. He'll cut any keyway you ask for, I had him cut me the BEST J keyway and BE2 Keyways. He has everything.

I have his e-mail, once I get the OK from him I'll post it so you can contact him directly with your requests bypassing 3bay. You still have to use paypal though.

#8 kungfugecko

kungfugecko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:11 AM

actually, I just emailed him, and this is (part of) his response, I was hoping you could help me make a little more sense out of it, as I'm still a novice.

"THERE ARE 18 DIFFERENT BEST KEYWAYS. THE 5 PIN IS NUMBERED 1114.THE REST ARE NUMBERED AS FOLLOWED: A1114A (B2), A1114B, A1114C, A1114D, A1114DD, A1114E, A1114F, A1114FM, A1114G, A1114H, A1114J, A1114K, A1114L, A1114M, A1114Q, A1114R AND A1114TB. THATS THE 18 DIFFERENT KEYWAYS AND THE LOWEST AMOUNT I CAN BUY IS A 10 KEY PACK. THE REASON I USE THE A OR BE KEYWAY IS BECAUYSE IT WILL STAY IN THE JAW OF MY MACHINE WITHOUT USING A ROUND SHIM TO HOLD IT STRASIGHT AND IT SAVES ME ALOT OF TIME WHEN I CUT A SET OF DEPTH KEYS. BUT IF YOU ARE USING THEM TO NAKE ANOTHER KEY IT WQIKK WORK ON ANY KEY NUMBER. BUT IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A "BUMP KEY" YOU WILL HAVE TO USE THE SAME KEYWAY YOU WANT TO OPEN."

So, broken caps lock key and spelling issues aside, I'm still trying to make some sense out of it. The Best key for my lock I have now has a 7 * 8 stamped on the head of the key, and a very small E stamped on the shoulder. Does this mean this is an "E" keyway, and I should order the A1114E key only? Are all of these keys he's advertising cut to the maximum 999999 depth?

Sorry if my questions seem dumb >_< I'm still trying to get a handle on all this. I'm more than willing to learn though =)

-Gecko

#9 kungfugecko

kungfugecko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:16 AM

Edit: would it be helpful if I posted a picture of my current key?

Also, in daddyshep's 3bay auction, the picture appears as if there are 9 keys cut to different depths 0-9. If my key is in fact just the "E" keyway, i would only need the "E" key number 9 correct?

#10 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:05 PM

Ya, go haead and post a picture of both sides of the key if you can. But it seems like you have the E-keyway, and yes that's all you would need, the BEST E keyway cut to deepest depths.

E-mail him at [email protected] and you can ask him if he'll ship you just that key.

Edited by Ah Mad Lad Or buy the keys from www.bumpkey.us

#11 Schneider

Schneider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

Look for daddyshep on ebay, he sold me some BEST keys and they worked. He has good prices and almost everysingle key you can think of.

Yeah I also purchased from eBay that is the good place to look for relevant keys.
Schneider
NYC Locksmith