• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 tehpakki001

tehpakki001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hi... i was just wondering where to buy practice locks... like the ones in the video... i have a shclage one that i practice on and open in one hit... but i dont have any others...

also my bumping works on my practice key but is unsuccessful in my real doors... n e 1 else have these problems?

#2 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

Hi... i was just wondering where to buy practice locks... like the ones in the video... i have a shclage one that i practice on and open in one hit... but i dont have any others...

also my bumping works on my practice key but is unsuccessful in my real doors... n e 1 else have these problems?

Walmart, home depot, ebay, anywhere really. Or you could take apart a lock from a door that you really don't use that often and try that one out. It's not that hard to take them apart, usually just two screws, from the inner side of the door of course.

#3 tehpakki001

tehpakki001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:09 PM

ok... where i can buy some cheap cylinders... i dont want to have to pay 50 bux for some lock that im going to take apart

#4 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

ok... where i can buy some cheap cylinders... i dont want to have to pay 50 bux for some lock that im going to take apart

Ebay or a local locksmith.

#5 tehpakki001

tehpakki001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

ummm links might be good too

#6 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:20 AM

Sorry to state the obvious but there is a site with billions of pages of info... take a look for yourself. You're bound to find some locks that are useful.

http://www.google.com ;)

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#7 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:35 AM

Listen, people are willing to help people who help themselves. No one is going to give you links to something that is so widely available and you can find on google. If it were something more specific and you said you've already looked around and couldn't find it then someone might help.

#8 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:32 AM

I am a bit tired of buying locks at 20-30 bucks a piece. I have found that after a while, I'll bump a lock long enoug hthat the dimple will make it so it is almost impossible to bump. Is there some way that I can buy a box of, 20 schlage cylinders or something? Is that what you guys have been doing?

#9 tehpakki001

tehpakki001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:20 AM

[quote name='slickj][quote=tehpakki001']ummm links might be good too[/quote]

Sorry to state the obvious but there is a site with billions of pages of info... take a look for yourself. You're bound to find some locks that are useful.

http://www.google.com ;)[/quote]

yea... thanks for the info but be 4 i posted this question i searched all over ebay... i searched all over google and some other stores... so no im not helpless and just expect others to help me bcuz im too lazy.... ihave actually searched for a long ass time and all i found were some expensive ones or full door locks...

so maybe u shouldnt be sayin that bcuz u dont kno wut u r talking about

thx for not helping

#10 tehpakki001

tehpakki001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:20 AM

that was directed at ah mad lad not u slick

#11 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:11 AM

that was directed at ah mad lad not u slick

Well you still haven't answered my question, is there something specific you are looking for.

#12 tehpakki001

tehpakki001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:53 PM

yes lock cylinders for
Masterlock
Yale
Tesa/Harlock
Kwikset
Dexter
Weiser
Union
Weslock
Schlage 5 & 6 pin

any of those

#13 UhhYeah

UhhYeah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:43 PM

ummm.. I'm not sure what the trouble is when searching but a quick search on "fleabay" alone yielded quite a few cylinders or locks. Most are well below $10... Even full locks can be had below $10 and you can take the cylinder out pretty easily if you REALLY want (screwdriver).

The search terms? "schlage cylinder", "yale cylinder", "kwikset cylinder", etc.. You can even add "lock" to your search terms if you want.

Didn't take a "long ass time" either... About 5 seconds for me (actual results may vary depending on connection speed).

#14 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

ummm.. I'm not sure what the trouble is when searching but a quick search on "fleabay" alone yielded quite a few cylinders or locks. Most are well below $10... Even full locks can be had below $10 and you can take the cylinder out pretty easily if you REALLY want (screwdriver).

The search terms? "schlage cylinder", "yale cylinder", "kwikset cylinder", etc.. You can even add "lock" to your search terms if you want.

Didn't take a "long ass time" either... About 5 seconds for me (actual results may vary depending on connection speed).

Well put --

As you said all it took was a quick search. I have no problem helping someone, but really - people have to help themselves first!

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#15 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:37 PM

I googled it for you, and guess what, it was the very first result. What a surprise.

http://www.google.co...G=Google Search

If that's too much for you here's the direct link http://www.lockpicks...TS&Category=313

#16 tehpakki001

tehpakki001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:48 AM

welll derrrr ah mad lad i dont want 45 dollar locks which is why i already searched that and looked thru it... thanks uhhyea for your actual help... i seqarched ebay before and all i got were these gay results

#17 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

welll derrrr ah mad lad i dont want 45 dollar locks which is why i already searched that and looked thru it... thanks uhhyea for your actual help... i seqarched fleabay before and all i got were these gay results

What the hell? Spell check things, and use words correctly

#18 Akina1021

Akina1021

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

[quote name='kristic][quote=tehpakki001']welll derrrr ah mad lad i dont want 45 dollar locks which is why i already searched that and looked thru it... thanks uhhyea for your actual help... i seqarched fleabay before and all i got were these gay results[/quote]

What the hell? Spell check things, and use words correctly[/quote]

LOL.... i 2nd that
I never quit.... i wanna keep improving in everything i do in life... little by little everyday... i improve my skills...

#19 roundhouse

roundhouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:37 PM

Check with a locksmith.

When bldgs are constructed or when they change to a different type cylinder the old ones often get tossed.

We switched our bldg from Schlage to Peaks a few years ago and threw away almost 300 cylinders.

#20 Martin

Martin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:07 AM

To practice what I always do is check my local locksmith stores and ask them for old and unused locks for practice and I think that is a good idea to practice.