6 replies to this topic

#1 timmy2000

timmy2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:02 AM

so I tried following 2 different tutorials

Both keys go in fine and come out fine but when I do the bump, the lock is is still locked and the key wont turn, any ideas of what I should do or how to troubleshoot my keys? Im guessing they were filed wrong :/

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:07 AM

Those keys look like pants to me. I bought a set of keys (Not from the guys who run this site - nothing but good reports here) from a US vendor, they were equally poor.
cheers
spam all day long.

#3 Pleiades

Pleiades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:47 AM

The bottom key in the bottom photo looks pretty messed up; the cut closest to the shoulder is way too deep. If you look in your lock, you may find that they pins are all resting on the first ward. The cuts in your key should not be so deep that the pins don’t touch the key once it’s in the lock. So the cuts should be no deeper than where the first ward comes to on the key. This is probably not true for all locks, so take a good lock at your lock.

#4 bumpfiend

bumpfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:28 PM

Here's how accurate a good key looks, using the tip as the first peak and the shoulder taken right back

Posted Image

hope that helps. I'm fed up with people selling sh**ty keys that put people off cos they don't work.
That key, in the UK opens: 5 and 6 pin versions of Eurolocks (various makes and generic), Yale, Era, Mila and Haitti - one key. That's how this game should be. The light has made the tip look smaller but in reality they're all equal. Also, this is quite an old photo, now we take the shoulders right off, it does away with the small dimple bumping can cause above the keyhole
spam all day long.

#5 bumber

bumber

Post-Aholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:47 PM

when i make mine by hand (almost always use a cutter) i never go beyond the "middle" ridge on the key. usely the same that goes from the ceter of the tip back. hope this helps:)

#6 bumber

bumber

Post-Aholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:54 PM

also i dont know if it matters (anyone know?) but the top key in the bottom pics tip peak is shorter than the rest id say that is a problem,any one else?

#7 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

also i dont know if it matters (anyone know?) but the top key in the bottom pics tip peak is shorter than the rest id say that is a problem,any one else?

I don't think this should be a problem if you use minimal movement method then I think it will be more helpful because if a space is there then key will push the pins well.
Sandy