• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Louisd11

Louisd11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:11 PM

How are my keys. I would like to know if I should add any modifacations to my keys.
http://img178.images...e=mykeysiq3.jpg

#2 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:16 PM

Nice keys, whered you get em :-p

They look fine, you'll need to file off the shoulder and tip though

#3 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:32 PM

How are my keys. I would like to know if I should add any modifacations to my keys.
http://img178.images...e=mykeysiq3.jpg

Those are nice, where'd you get them?

If you want to post a picture just copy the URL, paste it here, highlight it, and click on the "Img" button above.

Posted Image

#4 Louisd11

Louisd11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:55 PM

I got it here

I'm just scared to cut, how much u think I should file??? And also do I do the top AND bottom shoulder?

Edited By Admin

#5 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:58 PM

I got it here

I'm just scared to cut, how much u think I should cut??? And also do I do the top AND bottom shoulder?

If you don't want to risk damaging the originals then take them to a walmart or homedepot or hardware store or any place that copies keys and make 2 copies of each, it's usually less than a dollar for each copy. Make sure you watch them when they copy them that they use the correct blanks and that they push the keys all the way in, usually they're not trained very well on those machines and screw up the copy.

#6 Louisd11

Louisd11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

I'm just afaraid the'll take the key. Because it is a 999 key

#7 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

99.9% sure they wont.

I had a locksmith cut one of mine. He had been a locksmith for 15 years, and had no idea what it was.

They wont take it

#8 Ah Mad Lad

Ah Mad Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:15 PM

Go to a Walmart if you're afraid. Most of the people that just copy keys are trained to do just that. They don't even look at the keys, they have a board and try it out in a bunch of holes until it fits and pull the right cassette out.

Also, legally, these are legitimate key codes. There could be a lock that has the pin set 999. Unless you filed down the shoulders and tips you can jingle them in in the face of a police officer and he can't do anything except call you crazy and tazer you for jingling keys in his face.

#9 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:11 PM

[quote name='Ah Mad Lad][quote=Louisd11']I'm just afaraid the'll take the key. Because it is a 999 key[/quote]

Go to a Walmart if you're afraid. Most of the people that just copy keys are trained to do just that. They don't even look at the keys, they have a board and try it out in a bunch of holes until it fits and pull the right cassette out.

Also, legally, these are legitimate key codes. There could be a lock that has the pin set 999. Unless you filed down the shoulders and tips you can jingle them in in the face of a police officer and he can't do anything except call you crazy and tazer you for jingling keys in his face.[/quote]

If they do take them, throw a big fit, and just start yelling, ask for managers, do it all. Because if they take them, they are commiting theft

#10 Louisd11

Louisd11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:44 PM

Ok I'm going to try this either tommrow or sunday. I'm thinking either Walmart or Home Depot

#11 Louisd11

Louisd11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

So I finally went to Sears. They gave me a semi tough time but he said he could only do some of the keys. Anyway the guy just gave me all the keys and he didn't tell me what is what so now could someone please help me out and figure out what key is what. The ycouldn't do 2 of the keys he said. SO IDK what to do. Also could someone tell me wat to file down. Maybe even download my picture and shade out with a light gray on what I need to file.

Posted Image[/img]

#12 Customer Support

Customer Support

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 753 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:17 PM

I've got it in my tool bar for firefox so I don't have to keep going through the threads to get the URL.

Follow this. If there's anything else you need SEARCH the forum and then ASK :D

http://www.bumpkeyfo...wtopic.php?t=47
Bump Key Forum :: View topic - HOWTO: File Down Tip And Shoulder

James K. - Lead Support
For Order specific questions please use the 'contact us' link at the top of our store.

#13 Kristic

Kristic

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:23 PM

Top Left - Kwikset
Top Middle - Yale

Bottom Right - Schlage

#14 Louisd11

Louisd11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:40 PM

What about the other keys. And also isn't that diagram inaccurate. Meaning isn't the bottom shoulder suppose to be red?

#15 MrLocks

MrLocks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

Sometimes filing key and shoulder will work better. while you hit the key with hammer it need some space to get inside.
Sandy